Thomas Amiard is a French therapist, sound engineer and multi disciplinary artist. He has been exploring sound, consciousness & creative processes for the last 20 years.
He is specialised in therapies and traditional practices based on the healing capabilities and empowering potential of non-ordinary states of consciousness. Theses states are known for millennia, for the benefits they offer.
It is the supreme way to access our unconscious mind and be aware of who we really are, so we can become conscious and integrate every part of our personality. It also gives us access to the so called “Non Local Consciousness” or “collective unconscious” as described by Dr. CG. Yung, where ideas, intuitions, inspiration and creative process come from.
Thomas has experience in Europe, South America and Asia as sound engineer, sound designer, music producer, transpersonal psychologist, music & holistic therapist as well as artist and workshops facilitator.
He completed his certification in psychology and facilitation by studying Native traditional healing.
He is currently investigating the use of Ambisonics 3D sound system to induce “beneficial non-ordinary states of consciousness”.
Through traditional and modern practices Thomas will guide you on a journey to a better self-understanding and empowerment, emotional balance, harmonious social interactions as well as direct access to intuition and creativity.
About Holistic approach
A holistic approach considers the person as a whole made of different parts working together. These parts are:
- Our physical body: the vehicle that must be cared for to preserve its functionality and avoid disease.
- Our energy: the vitality we enjoy, its level directly related to our health and well being.
- Our emotions: the weather of our inner life in which we ought to keep a balance in order to cope with our everyday life and complex situations. Emotional imbalance leads to discomfort, instability and inadequate behaviour.
- Our mental world: our thoughts and language that make who we are and how we interact with the world. Stable and balanced mental processes avoid difficult psychological conditions and promotes healthy social interactions.
- Our spiritual realm: where you become aware of who you really are, your higher aspirations, and your goals in life.
As a transpersonal psychologist Thomas believes that unifying what appears to be opposites, like eastern and western practices and philosophies, science and spirituality, tradition and modernity can lead to a more conscious and enjoyable world.
Holotropic Breathwork is a powerful approach to self-exploration and healing that integrates insights from modern consciousness research, anthropology, various depth psychologies, transpersonal psychology, Eastern spiritual practices, and mystical traditions of the world. The name Holotropic means literally “moving toward wholeness” (from the Greek “holos“=whole and “trepein“=moving in the direction of something).
The process itself uses very simple means: it combines accelerated breathing with evocative music in a special set and setting. With the eyes closed and lying on a mat, each person uses their own breath and the music in the room to enter a non-ordinary state of consciousness. This state activates the natural inner healing process of the individual’s psyche, bringing him or her a particular set of internal experiences. With the inner healing intelligence guiding the process, the quality and content brought forth is unique to each person and for that particular time and place. While recurring themes are common, no two sessions are ever alike.
From the realm of transpersonal psychology, Integral Motion is a body, mind and soul practice that works on the 5 levels: Physical, Energetic, Emotional, Mental and Spiritual.
It’s a unique blend of ancestral and modern techniques based on movement, breathing, powerful evocative and rhythmic music and different states of consciousness.
Different techniques from 3 tool boxes are learnt before, then practised during a 2 hour musical journey. You can experiment with it to produce results at every level:
- Pure Motion: releases tensions, detoxifies and energizes the body.
- Motion meditation: calms and clarifies the mind promoting emotional balance.
- Motion trance: using ancestral and modern techniques to naturally expand consciousness.
The use of a blind foil or bandana “rewires” the perception and helps entering into the music at a deeper level.
No previous experience needed.